Thursday 2 February 2012

Winter Festivals

Oh how I love my weekends!

One of my favorite things about Montreal are all of the festivals, and trust me... 
I try my best to attend them all  =)

We just closed out the 2012 Igloo Fest which was very cool- igloos (of course), dog sleds, outdoor skating, sculptures and all that jazz. But really, in this cold weather we've gotta do something to enjoy the white stuff. My boyfriend is definitely no fan of the snow and cold, but knowing how excited I get over these things, suggested to bring me to check it out over the weekend.


The festival was held on a small island at Parc Jean Drapeau which is just a metro ride away from Montreal's downtown core. Let this be known, God has blessed me with an incredible sweetheart, he met me with a rose in hand to start the day. He always finds a way to make our time together special. He's in University full time; I work full time while going to night school... needless to say the time we get to spend together is not as often as we wish. 
Cabane a Sucre / Ice maze / Owl Sculptures / Myself with my new friends

 ~ So we set out, explored, met some interesting characters, 
laughed and had a great time together!~



Once our feet were tired and our toes were numb we decided to respond to our growling tummies. We headed back into the city to our most recently discovered Portuguese Resto called Frango's. They have THE MOST AMAZING scrumptious juicy Portuguese Chicken. You get a big bang for your buck on the Festa platters. They grab the whole chicken, chop it up in front of you, sauce it up... YUM! Tasty potatoes, warm bread and spicy sauces..  Oh we also went back Sunday to say hello to Frango, just in case he had missed us HAHA! (Of course to get more chicken since we were already there =0) 

=> 

This is one of the many ice sculptures that are found outside restaurants and such down Mont Royal Ave. Yes.. I am a tourist in my own city :D I'm always stopping in the street to snap a shot!



Does your city hold many festivals? I'm already anxious for summer to get down to the jazz fest!!! only 5 months away ;)

2 comments:

  1. Special K! Your boyfriend sure is a sweetheart. To bring you a rose and take you to enjoy the winter festival is so sweet. Looks like you had a grand time - wish I lived where we could have a 'winter' festival :) The chicken diner looks amazing ~ Yum! ~ I don't blame you for going back again so soon.
    xoxo Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have a special sweetheart! Sounds like you had lots of fun and enjoyed a beautiful day at the festival.
    We do have festivals here, the French festival, I can't remember the name of it, starts shortly and they have ice sculptures created all over the city in time for it.
    Festivals must be a French thing to do.
    Your photos are wonderful!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete